Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Wanted: Imperial Coffee Porter All Grain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
ultravista
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Wanted: Imperial Coffee Porter All Grain

I am looking for an imperial coffee porter all grain recipe.

Reply with what you have ...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
ultravista
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Whoa, not everyone at once, please.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #3
csteff123
Recipes 

I'm not patient enough to learn all grain or probably knowledgeable enough either but I will at least share my coffee extract. Just bought a robust porter extract kit and set in the primary for a week and before I transferred to secondary. I added coffee and coco powder to bottom of secondary. I bought a bag Of whole bean Starbucks darker roast coffee and ground up about 8 oz of beans and placed in a sanitized bowl w. about 30 oz of water. I let it sit in the bowl for 24 hours and then strained the water into the secondary. Then I boiled about 6 oz of double chocolate coco powder w. a little water until it turned into a paste. I mixed that in the bottom on the secondary w. the coffee extract and mixed it together. My porter came out great. Very smooth and distinct coffee flavor w. a hint of sweetness from the coco. When I do it again I will probably grind up just a little more coffee for flavor and possibly find another way to do the chocolate, it seems to settle in the bottle but I twist it around a few times before I pour into a glass.

Quick Reply