The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Wanna help make corona taste good?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #11
WOP31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Check out the Cerveza recipe in the drop down under my avatar, while it doesn't come out tasting a whole lot like corona, it is much much better in my opinion.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #12
Grimsawyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wop31
Check out the Cerveza recipe in the drop down under my avatar, while it doesn't come out tasting a whole lot like corona, it is much much better in my opinion.

Cheers..........................

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 11.00 gal
Boil Size: 14.07 gal
Estimated OG: 1.053 SG
Estimated Color: 3.3 SRM
Estimated IBU: 15.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
7 lbs 12.8 oz Corn, Flaked (1.3 SRM) Grain 39.0 %
7 lbs 12.8 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 39.0 %
4 lbs 6.4 oz Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 22.0 %
2.10 oz Liberty [4.30%] (60 min) Hops 15.3 IBU
1.20 oz Liberty [4.30%] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep)Hops -
2 Pkgs Mexican Lager (White Labs #WLP940) (I actually used a 1/2 gallon starter that I stepped up from 1 vial) ..........
Ok, cool, corn! I know ya gotta use it to get that authentic (HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!) corona taste(PPPFFFFTT!!!!!!!! YEAH AND PISS!!!) Remember people, though I don't like corona (because I think it's crap!) dosn't mean my SWMBO thinks it is. I need to make something that tastes similar BEFORE it gets all oxidized and shaken up! What is your thoughts on pilsner malt for this recepie then jacking up the enzymes, of course, with some 6-row as indicated in your recepie above? I am going to be fermenting it at 65 degrees F, the max top end range for 2112 cal lager from WYEAST as well. And how would you go about going down to the farmers' market and picking up 20 ears of corn, cutting it right off the cob and using it for the mash instead of flaked? I know you have to boil it for a few hours... How does that go again?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply