Sorry about the delay, but I had some complications with bottling. Unfortunately the yeast I added during bottling wasnt even enough to carb. There has been noted problems with using these barrels (and barrels in general) and trying to bottle. I will be adding some more yeast to each bottle and recapping as this is probably the only viable method without hurting them too much. Fortunately I did a close replica to this one after it but without using the barrel. The first batch hit the high side around 9% abv @ 4 gallons and the 2nd on the low side around 7% @ 6.5 gallons. Factoring in this and drinking the 2nd 7% beer now, I would add even more coffee and maybe more oatmeal.
Listening to a podcast by spike of terrapin I followed their method of just transfering the beer on top of freshly ground coffee beans. They only left theirs on for 48hrs then transfered, where I left it for 5 days. It needs more coffee. I prob didnt add enough though so I might try some more next time.
Overall a good recipe, where coffee should be the focus.
2nd batch used instead
.5 coffee malt