Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Vienna Lager critique

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
KuntzBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd

No it isn't. I keep seeing this pop up from time to time and maybe the erroneous belief that Sam Adams Lager is a Vienna is part of the confusion. Does anybody know the origin of this? Sam Adams Lager does not fit tightly within the style guidelines but it definitely not a Vienna. It's a German pils with medium crystal malt added, a commercial version of Koch's old homebrew recipe.
I'm almost certain the confusion is with sites like beeradvocate and ratebeer calling it a vienna, but in only going by their word, which was credible I thought, I mistakenly thought it was a vienna and I'm not alone but you all have cleared that up! Lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #22
BigEd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntzBrewing View Post
I'm almost certain the confusion is with sites like beeradvocate and ratebeer calling it a vienna,
The Beer Advocate drones drink better beer then the BMC crowd but they don't necessarily know any more about beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply