Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Utopia Clone #3 Perfecting Nirvanha

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #31
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 215 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Ya but when he's found bound and gagged in the corner it might raise a few eyebrows. Of course, we are talking about Norton where jaywalking is considered a serious crime. Maybe the cops there won't notice.

Na. That's no good. I wouldn't want to deprive myself of the pleasure of watching just to avoid a long stretch in prison. Back to plan 1.

PTN

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #32
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 361 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 95

I'm guessing that wouldn't be the first time someone's found Yeager tied up in the corner with a ball-gag in his mouth. Pretty commonplace, if the rumors are to be believed.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #33
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

At the rate we're going we'll need to move this to the Boneyard. Let's just pretend that we know nothing about Chris and his romper room peccadilloes and go back to talking about the Utopia.

Ned (our guy who makes the maple syrup) has promised that he'll have the desired quantity ready for us come brew day. You have to taste this guys syrup. It's freakin' awesome. He makes it here locally and it's as good as anything you get out in the boonies. Not a commercial operation, just a dude with a bunch of sugar maples on his property and an understanding wife.

PTN

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Old 12-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #34
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 361 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 95

What, is he going to be tapping his trees in January? Ain't no maple sugaring happening in the dead of winter. Or, wait, you not going to be adding it until March/April?

EDIT: A couple years ago, Glibbidy had promised to hook me up with some smoked maple syrup. Made me feel a failure as a Vermonter that I had no idea you could smoke it (I'm sure a few people have tried). I know you're trying to keep things about the same as batch 1, but I've long been intrigued by the concept of this stuff and wanting to try it in a beer.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #35
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I'm sure he'll be dipping into the 2010 batch, unless the whole global warming thing kicks into high gear in the next month.

Interesting about the smoked syrup. You would think that the open topped evaporating trays would give the smoke plenty of opportunity to mix into the concentrating sap. But what do I know, I just put it on my pancakes. And occasionally in a brew. And every once in a while on a pair of boobies. I think a smoked syrup would take away from that experience. But that's just me, YMMV.

PTN

Old 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #36
Mischief_Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Subscribed. I loved reading about the last two...

Old 12-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #37
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

OK, so I went over Yeager's today and slapped him around a bit just to get his head on straight. We're doing the Mega Mash. All 113 pounds of grain in a single monolithic mash tun. This is gonna be so f'ing cool.

PTN

BTW, thanks Chris, for geeking out SWMBO's Christmas present. Unlike like me, you aren't half the jerk we make you out to be.

P

Old 12-24-2010, 03:25 AM   #38
el_kirk
knucklehead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
You have to taste this guys syrup.

PTN
Oh my, back to the Boneyard.

Just wanted to flip you some sh## and let you know how much I enjoyed following along with U1 and U2.

Please keep the abuse prominent in the thread as it helps me pretend I have friends, too. The information is sorta useful, too. Mostly the abuse though.

Be good. If you can't be good, be discrete.

Kirk

Old 12-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #39
DrinksWellWithOthers
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
We're doing the Mega Mash. All 113 pounds of grain in a single monolithic mash tun. This is gonna be so f'ing cool.
I know you've talked about this thing before but have you tested it out at all yet? Just seems like a lot of grain to have to deal with if you get a stuck mash. I remember you guys having a problem last year or the year before, hell it could have been both years, with trying to drain the mash tun and recirculate.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #40
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
I know you've talked about this thing before but have you tested it out at all yet? Just seems like a lot of grain to have to deal with if you get a stuck mash. I remember you guys having a problem last year or the year before, hell it could have been both years, with trying to drain the mash tun and recirculate.
Yeah, no s#!%. Nobody's gonna be sticking an arm into 113lbs of mash, I hope.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Quick Reply