Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Two Brother's Domaine DuPage recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #31
neomantra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I finally got around to brewing this last weekend. I used the Wyeast 3711 with a starter. Should be bottling a couple weeks from now. Everything seemed to go smoothly on brew day so I have high hopes for this one. I'll keep you posted.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #32
forstmeister
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 180 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I am drinking a DD right now and seriously considering a clone brew. Actually, every 4-6 months I pick up some DD and consider a clone brew. Time to do it. I think I will try the French Ale yeast as I am all "belgianed-out" right about now...

I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)

Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #33
neomantra
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I tasted one of mine earlier this past week at the 2 week mark and it seems to be coming along pretty well. I really wish I could get my hands on the real thing to do a side by side taste test next week but I'm not sure it'll be possible out here in MD/DC. If anyone knows of a place out this direction I can find this stuff let me know.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #34
BuffaloBeer1
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, this I just brewed this for the second time. I still haven't been able to use the recommended yeast. The first time around the LBHS was out of it, so I used WYeast 1388 (belgian Strong Ale). This last time I wanted to make something to build up a yeast cake for an 11% tripel. I used Wyeast 1214 (belgian ale). Both taste fantastic. The 1388 gives it a little more of a fruity nose and slight tart taste, while the 1214 gives it a little bit of dry spiciness. This grain bill is a good one, and can handle many different yeasts. Domaine DuPage is a great beer for a hot summer day. Cheers.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #35
wilconrad
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Thinking of brewing this tomorrow and the 15 minute mash seems like an odd callout; what's the verdict on this among those of you who have tried it? Not sure I have the nerve to cut off the mash that quickly... seems like something that might make sense for Two Brothers to do at their scale, but may not work at the 5g homebrew scale?

Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #36
Hex23
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I think the only thing a 15 minute mash did for me was cause crappy efficiency (something like 50%). But that's before I had my own grain mill and I was dealing with my LHBS poor crush. I would be inclined to try it again at with a proper crush, but I'm not sure what it does for the taste. DD has a nice sweet taste to me and I don't know if that's just because of all the caramel malts used or if it also takes something special in the mash process that leads to sweet unfermentables.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #37
forstmeister
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 180 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 32

That's it...I just checked my inventory and I have almost everything I need to make this. I just need yeast, melanoidin, and carawheat. I will be brewing this on Monday since the weather is right for saisons...

I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)

Quick Reply