Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Trying to find a recipe for "Supper Club" anybody got anything??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
RLFoley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Default Trying to find a recipe for "Supper Club" anybody got anything??

A friend of mine is from Wisconsin where his favorite beer "supper club" (which is a pale lager) is brewed at capitol brewery in Middleton, WI. They don't sell it here in Kentucky, so i was wanting to surprise him with a batch if i could find a recipe. Any info on this would be a big help. Thanks!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
apratsunrthd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

One of the few times I haven't been able to find much via Google. From the tasting notes I see, I'm thinking this beer is likely all 6-row plus a noble hop (think Hallertau). Golden amber seems to be the common color description, so you may have some sort of Crystal in the mix --let's guess 40L. Let's call this thing an American Premium Lager in spite of the reviews.

So, for a preliminary recipe:

90% 6-row
10% C40
20 IBUs of Hallertau at 60 minutes

For fermentation, try the Budweiser yeast. It'll give you dependable results if used properly.

My hopping schedule is based on the fact there is absolutely no mention of hops in the tasting notes. You could probably do Magnum, use less hops, and get the same results.

Now, if you want to wow your friend, change that 6-row to a good American 2-row and toss in a half-ounce 15 minute hop addition. Tell him it's your improvement on his beer. It won't be flavorful enough to be offputting but it'll be enough to make him appreciate quality ingredients and recipe design.

Cicerone Certified Beer Server (#8004)
RLFoley Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply