Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Three Weeks?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Slive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Three Weeks?!

Hello, friends!

Are there any beers that I can have done in three weeks? A friend o' mine thought it would be fun to have a homemade dinner and homebrewed beer for the Superbowl, but I wasn't sure if ANYTHING could be ready by then. I have all the equipment ready to go, I would just need a VERY quick recipe to brew up!

Thank y'all so much! The closest I've seen has been four weeks, so I could brew that and it would be very young. I was just wondering if I could brew anything that would be FULLY ready by the time the Superbowl rolls around! Terrible planning on my part! I should have done better!

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A hefe might work out for ya since they're supposed to be ingested young (wow that sounded creepy), or even a mild brown ale. It'd be better if you could keg so you don't have to wait for bottle carbonation too.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 01-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 36

+1 on the Mild. Relatively low hopping rates, still enough malt to give it interest. Conditioning might be lower than American tastes (< 2 vols), but it's something you can have out there quickly.

Here's how I do it:

Brew. Fermentation usually takes about four days, and I leave it in the primary for seven. Rack to bottling bucket, prime, fine (Isinglass or gelatin), bottle. Two weeks later, pop caps. You can do this draught, too, to very nice effect; don't forget to adjust your priming sugar!

Also consider Ordinary Bitters. Same situation, more hops.

Wheat beers are also a fabu idea. Belgian Witbier for the Super Bowl? Wonderful!

If you can artificially carbonate, the sky's the limit! (Well, you won't be doing a Barleywine, but you get the point.)

Cheers,

Bob

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Quick Reply