The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Tasty lager for 3rd all grain, need recipe....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
pcrawford
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tasty lager for 3rd all grain, need recipe....

My chest freezer has 2 full kegs in it and my house is hitting high 80s during the day. So i might as well ferment a lager in the chest freezer, the only place in the house, where the temps are nice and cool. Who has a good recipe for my 3rd all grain? Something easy to drink on a nice hot day but not too hard to brew b/c my technique is far from perfect.

Let me know what would be good.

Thanks!
-Patrick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Gabe
It's a sickness!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just did a Munich Helles. Very easy to brew as its basically 2 types of grain. Pilsner and Munich malt. I split the batch with WLP German Lager and WLP Southern German Lager. Just finished the D-rest. Getting ready to transfer to secondary. Let your Lager ferment twice as long in the primary and the yeast will do there job. 3/4 of the way through try and get the temp up to 60-63 deg and let them clean up. Both of these strains were fermented at 53 deg. Good Luck and happy Lagering.
Gabe

Edit: I did a Munich Helles Look at my posts..666..scary!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply