Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > tasked with orange creamsicle beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
octoflab
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default tasked with orange creamsicle beer

my girlfriend thought this would be something she would like and i'm more than willing to give it a go for her. if anyone would like to add some suggestions to this i would love to hear them!

8 lbs american two row
8 oz crystal malt 10
8 oz honey malt
8 oz lactose
.5 oz cascades @60
.25 oz cascades @30
.25 cascades @flameout
one split vanilla bean with juice and zest of three naval oranges after primary fermentation stops
let sit for the remainder of a month and then bottle
og ~1.059
fg ~1.015

the biggest thing that i'm worried about is whether there is enough lactose for some sweetness to show up even with the low ibu count.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 AM   #2
iparks81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

kinda sounds cheezy, but I've Tried a wheat beer that had Toriani Brand vanilla and Orange syrups added to it (small amount and used Potassium Sorbate to stop any more fermentation) It was Great for a GF beer! and I didnt mind it as well.
My GF drank the majority of it and wants me to brew my own batch, ....just a thought.

I love Alcohol, its in my Blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
go rinse your mind out with soap for even THINKING about tossing a batch of beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply