Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Super Mild Table Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #1
conneryis007
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Super Mild Table Beer

According to my research, the ABV at which a beverage becomes a diaretic is above 2%. I would like to try to make as full flavored as possible of a beer at 1.5%! Looking for specific suggestions as how to do this. High mash temp, lots of adjuncts, etc. Open to sugestions as to what style of beer would be best suited for this. I made a 2.8% stout last year that was pretty close to my goal here, but I am looking to get sub 2%!

Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
motorneuron
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Haha, this is an awesome project. Uhh... well, there are some traditional alcoholic beverages that are around that level, right? Isn't old kvass (Russian) like that? But I think you want to try something that has flavor from non-malt sources. An Oktoberfest would be a particularly poor choice, for example. A session stout or IPA or saison? Those are three different ways of getting flavor without using a lot of malt--it's darkness, hops, and yeast, respectively. Just spitballing there.

You could also look at recipes for English milds and bitters as a starting point. The English seem to have the best-developed super-low-ABV beer repertoire (though those are more like 2.5-2.8% ABV at lowest, I think?).

Old 02-14-2014, 02:20 AM   #3
metic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Check out the second beer the BBR guys brew in

. Starts at about 6 minutes in. I haven't brewed it yet, but I'll do something like it some time soon.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
conneryis007
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Now that sounds like a neat beer, lots of rye to give it the body this tiny beer would desperatly need!!

Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply