Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Style by ingredient recipe generator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
PhlyanPan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Style by ingredient recipe generator?

So I was downstairs looking through my grain storage bin today and thinking to myself...."self, what can you make with this random collection of grains?" So obviously I came upstairs and went to the homebrew wiki page about each of those grains and found out what styles they're typically used in.

During this process I also thought to myself..."self, wouldn't it be cool if there were some sort of page where you could pick what grains you have and it tells you what you could make with that combination of grains for you?"

So how about it? I know I've seen pages that tell you what sorts of mixed drinks you can make out of certain combinations of liquors and some that tell you about recipes you could cook with certain ingredients. But has anyone ever seen one that tells you what beers you could make with certain ingredients?

"There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people who ask questions."
-Me

Primary: none
Secondary: American Light Lager
Bottled: Glücksweizen (closest to an amber wheat I guess).
Bottled: Apfelwein
Kegged: Cream Ale

Upcoming:a Brown Ale, and a Belgian Ale, maybe a Porter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
ArcaneXor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Kind of... some brewing software like the free Strangebrew Java will tell you what styles are closest to the recipe you entered - enter what you've got, see what ballpark you are in, and refine from there. Or say "screw the styles" and get creative.

Kegged: Fat Man Porter w/ 1469, Fat Man Porter w/ 005, Centennial Falcon w/ Conan, Centennial Falcon w/ Denny's, Barrel-aged Fat Man Porter, Belgian Dark Strong, Dark Mild

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply