Strawberry Blonde Extract Recipie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bechbd

Reaction score
Does anyone have an Extract or Partial Mash recipe for a strawberry blonde?

How long did you let you strawberries sit in the secondary? I am getting ready to rack mine from the primary later today or tomorrow and I was wondering how long I should plan on letting them sit in the secondary? Also did you add pectin enzyme to yours at all?

I let it go about 9 days. I did not use any enzyme's. I just transfered it last night. Not much of a strawberry taste, but a great strawberry smell. I think i needed more like 10#'s instead of 5#.

I brewed up this recipe a couple months ago. It's pretty tasty and very refreshing. But with the 1 ounce of hops and the flavoring, it's not very beer like.

So my brew using the above recipie has been sitting in the secondary for 9 days with 8 lbs of strawberries. I have gotten a little color but almost no flavor. ANyone know how to get some strawberry flavor added?

bechbd said:
So my brew using the above recipie has been sitting in the secondary for 9 days with 8 lbs of strawberries. I have gotten a little color but almost no flavor. ANyone know how to get some strawberry flavor added?

I think time is the answer. Mine has lost the tart taste and has a very slight strawberry taste after being off the strawberry's for a week or so. It still considering putting more strawberry's on mine just to see what happens.

Hey strawberry brewers; did your strawberries sink in your secondaries? Mine have been in the secondary for 10 days and there is a good layer of them floating on the surface.

I'm not too concerned. I'll rack to a tertiary for a couple of days if they don't sink, but I'm curious what others have seen.

jayhoz said:
Hey strawberry brewers; did your strawberries sink in your secondaries? Mine have been in the secondary for 10 days and there is a good layer of them floating on the surface.

I'm not too concerned. I'll rack to a tertiary for a couple of days if they don't sink, but I'm curious what others have seen.

mine did not. But I only gave it ten days.

Mine did not either and they were in there for 10 days.

Mine has been kegged for 10 days now and man is it a tasty brew. I wish I had one right now.

bechbd said:
Mine did not either and they were in there for 10 days.

Mine has been kegged for 10 days now and man is it a tasty brew. I wish I had one right now.

Which recipe did you end up going with?

Back