Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > strawberry blonde????

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
WheaYaAt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default strawberry blonde????

hello everybody,
ok i wanted to ask if any one would pass on a starwberry blonde recipe, in the DME form with some special grains ?( i'm not to all grain yet) but this is the thing.... i would like to switch the strawberries with Figs. i haven't found anything with figs so i thought that would be the closest recipe in which to use them. thank you for your help ! -Lee

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
groger5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default re: strawberry blonde

I used the midwest brew belgian blonde ale kit with the wyeast belgian witbier yeast (3944). Ingredients list:
3 lb. Wheat DME
2 lb. Extra Light DME
8 oz. Caramel 10L
8 oz. Flaked Wheat
4 oz. Caravienne malt specialty grains
1 oz. Willamette pellet hops

I added 4 lbs of pureed strawberries at flameout and let it sit for 10 minutes before cooling. I also added some orange peel and coriander in the last 10 minutes of the boil (in a boiling bag). I didn't want a hoppy flavor so I only boiled the hops for 50 minutes. It's only been in the fermenter a week, but seems to be on track to be a great beer (I tasted it today). Very light refreshing flavor with a hint of strawberries. Be prepared for a very active fermentation and lots of sediment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply