Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Sour Mashing And BYO's Flying Fish Farmhouse Summer Ale Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
bovineblitz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrew View Post
I've brewed this clone before except I used .5lb of Acid Malt instead of the sour mash. (Planning ahead for brew day doesn't always happen. )

This recipe makes a very pleasing beer as long as the Styrian Goldings are used. (I've also brewed it with fuggles... Not nearly as well balanced.)

Oh, and 18.3 IBUs sounds right on. If you're looking for other free options for calculators and such, TastyBrew has a few that have been helpful as well as the Power's Brewery Recipe Calculator which is an entirely in browser javascript-based calculator that you can save recipe strings for.

Nathan
How much sourness did you get?

I'd like to get a little sourness in a saison but I'm not too keen on infecting my equipment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply