Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Snoqualmie Wildcat IPA clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #11
PSmurf78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Mainly the reason why I wanted to try to clone it was I wanted to use it to gauge how well I'm doing with the brewing process. Wildcat is my baseline and I want to see if I can build a beer that stands up to it. Can I make something with a good mouthfeel, good color, building a good balance (though this is on the hoppy side).
So anyways, more then just having more beer around, it gives me a way to judge my own ability (however biased it is).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
PSmurf78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Update: Last night I moved this to a carboy to free up the pacman yeast cake for a barley wine recipe. I snuck a taste and wow, those columbus hops was a smack in the forhead. Very very up front hop aroma with a lot of bitterness, followed up with the typical green beer flavor.

One surprise though, mine has cleared up more then I remember the original recipe looking. I thought the original Wildcat had a haze of sorts but mine has had a lot of the material drop out. I'm thinking that this is going to be a fairly clear beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply