Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Smoked out!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
Grimsawyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Smoked out!!!

I'm not sure if I'm brewin' tomorrow or not. I have everything I need except the yeast (10 block run away. Probly go with my favorite, Rogue Pacman!!!). I've got my trusty Traeger Lil Tex just itching to be used on a daily basis and havn't yet used it to smoke up some grain. I have heard of people using 2 lbs of grain on some tin foil and picking up a bunch of smoke, so in my little is good, more is better approch to life I think I'll do up 4 lbs of grain on the Traeger and smoke for 1/2 an hour to 45 min. Anyone got any good Smoky beer recepies. I'm in the mood for just about anything from a lighter beer to stout. Something in the 5.5%-7.5% abv range. Just not sure what i'm in the mood for, but i am in the mood for something smoky and not too dry!!!! Anyone feel inspired to toss out a few ideas? Maybe a smoky maple beer, or a smoky pepper beer. The wierder the better! Anything goes!!! Just smoked!! That's what I KNOW I NEED!!!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Smoke + Rye does it for me. 50% Pale, 20% Rye, 20% Home-Smoked, and 10% Caramel or Munich or something. Some spicy hops, like Chinook or Tettnang or something. Bam, smoky rye amber ale.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply