SKA Decadent Imperial IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone???

This is an awesome beer and its hard to believe that no one has ever attempted to clone it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From the Northern Brewer forum, a guessipe:

14 lbs maris otter
2 lbs munich
0.75lbs crystal 80
1 lb clear candi sugar

1.25oz centennial(10.5IBU) for 60min
1.00oz summit(17IBU) for 30min
1.00oz cascade (5IBU) for 10 min
????oz cascade dry hop

WY1272

There's some discussion in the thread about how it compares to the real thing.

Have you tried to e-mail Ska? I did that a few years ago asking about Modus and got a very detailed response. Worth a shot.

sptaylor70 - Thanks, I saw that thread. He (mschoeffler) stated that he had a response from Ska but didn't go into any detail. They may be providing recipe information to home brewers with an agreement not to publicize it.

drez77 - Yes, I have sent an email to Bill Graham a few days ago. No response yet. I have read that he is pretty good about responding to email inquiries from home brewers.

sptaylor70 -
drez77 - Yes, I have sent an email to Bill Graham a few days ago. No response yet. I have read that he is pretty good about responding to email inquiries from home brewers.

I think it took a few weeks for a reply.

They seem open with their recipes so there is a good chance you will see something.

Back