Shock top/ Bluemoon clones?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewster13

Reaction score
I'm a new brewer and I want to brew a shock top or blue moon clone for a friend. I was wondering if any of you guys have done this or can point me in the right direction. Take it easy on me and try to keep it simple as I have only done 3 kits from mid west. This homebrew thing is addictive.....I love to be able to say "I made this"... Thanx Cody

I just made the ahs blue moon for fourth of July. My father in laW is obsessed with shocktop beyond belief. I added sweet orange peel and crushed coriander instead of the pack that comes with it to the end of boil and renamed it a shocktop clone. He was convinced it was the same but "stronger". Keg floated in a day ( it as only brewed 12 days earlier!) It was great for drinking in the heat and I definitely recommend it.

I just brewed a shock top its sitting in the ferment bucket for the 7 day. Im going to add some raspberry flavor to the keg when It gets ready. See if it taste like raspberry wheat shock top.

I have brewed the extract AUSTIN HOMEBREWERS SUPPLY Blue Moon twice and it was perfect. Literally tastes better than the bottled beer and I have the tap and bottles in my fridge at the same time.

I am now about to try the Austin Homebrewers Supply Hoegaarden Clone to see if that one is as awesome.

Back