Shiner Ruby Redbird Clone Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was taking about 15-30 mins to chill, I never got in a hurry. I don't think you need to worry about bottle bombs, I've bottled carbed this before too. Just make sure fermentation is complete like always.

Hello
After reading over your post just curious if you have a final recipe? I would love to give it a try.

Good Morning, I was struggling to decipher a final recipe that everyone liked too so I just winged it after reading everyone's experiences. Attached is my recipe. After kegging and tasting I thought it was great! Only change I will make is to add less ginger next time. Maybe dial back to 2 oz. After several weeks in the keg I actually feel like the grapefruit faded but the ginger is still too upfront. Clarity is beautiful too! Carbonation on the Shiner version always seemed flat to me as well in both cans and bottles. Mine stood out in that reguard too!

I will definitely brew again and recommend trying my recipe with less ginger. Cheers, E

Attachments

• Ruby Redbird Try #1.pdf
    812.1 KB · Views: 3
Back