The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > San Diego Grain Suppliers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
Displaced MassHole
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default San Diego Grain Suppliers

Aside from the HBS's online and in the ones in the area does anyone know of where I could by bulk grain from a supplier? I see that there are others through out the country that do group bulk grain buys, just curious if theres a possibility of doing one here in SoCal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You can do a buy from Mid Country Malt. A pallet will hold 42 bags and shipping is the same whether it is 42 or 22 bags, so fill the pallet to get your cost per bag shipped as low as possible.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:46 AM   #3
Freezeblade
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts

I'd say ask if you can buy in bulk from Ballast Point, they are usually pretty cool about getting stuff you need, there's also that place in La Mesa but I haven't tried it yet as it's a bit of a drive from downtown. There's loads of brewpubs, maybe ask them if they'll sell you a bag or so, people are generally friendly around here.

Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Old 10-30-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
schristian619
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I buy sacks at home brew mart/ballast point. I think its about 30-35 buck for 55lbs of 2-row. Don't forget to ask for the AHA discount (if your a member) they give you 10% off, although it kinda depends on whos there since it's not an official discount.

Quick Reply