Saison/Wit - First recipe in 2 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregorydgarcia

Reaction score
It's been about 2 years since I last designed a recipe and I'm getting pre-brew day gitters. I was hoping to get some feed back for this recipe and any other advice you'd recommend.

Pue Curieux
All Grain
Saison
BT: 60min
Batch: 5.5gallons
Boil: 7.5gallons
-----------------------
OG: 1.056
FG: 1.011
ABV: 5.9%
IBU: 24
SRM: 4.5
-----------------------
8lb Bohemian Pils 74%
.6lb Maris Otter 5.6%
1.6lb Munich Light 14.8%
.6 German Pale Wheat 5.6%
-----------------------
1oz Saaz @ 60
2oz Saaz @ 10
2oz Saaz @ 0

2 oz Orange Zest @ 5
1 oz Lemon Zest @ 5
1 oz Coriander @ 5
-----------------------
French Saison 3711
-----------------------
Mash:
70min @148F
20min @156F

Thoughts?

Kinda unusual grain bill for either a saison or a wit. Not necessarily bad, just unusual to have something like MO.

I'm not sure you get much from a 70 minute beta rest. I usually see a max out around 30-40 minutes and then need to raise the temp to maximize efficiency. Of course, your results may vary.

Kinda unusual grain bill for either a saison or a wit. Not necessarily bad, just unusual to have something like MO.

I'm not sure you get much from a 70 minute beta rest. I usually see a max out around 30-40 minutes and then need to raise the temp to maximize efficiency. Of course, your results may vary.

Agreed. Just make sure you do a 90 min boil.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I noticed the oddity of the grains too. I think I'll replace the MO with more BoPils to do a full german grain bill. I'll do a 40min beta then 20min @ 156.

Latest posts

Back