Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Return of the 10der & Mild - 10 Day Mild Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #11
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 128

So! Chilling was quite the adventure! I'm running low on transfer hoses (I'm just about to replace all of my vinyl with silicone) and I misplaced one of them..... so I had to work with a short hose.

I recirculated wort through the chiller for 30 min to drop the temp. inside the kettle down to 80*F, then ran one more pass through the chiller into the fermenter. (I actually pumped into fermenter via its' spigot!! I only did this because it's a brand new, unused Ale Pail, and I've soaked it in StarSan all day long. I also circ'ed boiling water for 20min through the entire pump/CFC setup (during my mash) and followed it with recircing StarSan through the whole kit. I'm pretty sure everything was clean enough to pull it off.)

Next projects before I brew again are:
- Need a protective box for the pump to live inside of.
- Need new hoses, upgrade to silicone, add QD's instead of barbs????? *wishful*
- Find a good clamp to keep the return hose in place on the kettle.
- Build ice water recirc bucket! Ground water was still too warm to get past 73*F.

I don't know if I'll work no-sparge into my outdoor brewing rig, or just keep it on the list for my indoor rig. But my long-term game plan is to convert some of my equipment and set up an eBrewery in my basement, in a single pump RIMS style most likely.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply