Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Recommend an All Grain Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Recommend an All Grain Recipe

I want to brew on Friday night, but I don't have any idea of what I want to do. I'm stuck with so many ideas and I just can't wrap my head around anything specific. I (sadly) don't know what I want, unless something just up and jumps out at me.

Currently on tap: Jamil's Robust Porter, Full Steam Ahead, and Scottish (Lite) Dark.

I've also got 5g of Saison in secondary.

What to brew? I'm looking for something fairly light and refreshing (IE no more porters or stout). I've got a metric buttload of hops that I was planning to do a 'random hop' IPA, but my guy just isn't in it. I've thought about Ed's House Pale, but again, my guy isn't in it. I have plans to do another Irish red in the next few weeks, so I don't want anything to compete with that right now. I just want something 'different' than what I have going at the moment.

I'd also like to try Stone IPA or Weyerbacher's Double Simcoe, but I don't have recipes for them. I'm getting ingredients from my LHBS, so please no 'kit' brews from AHS or NB.

Help! Give me some ideas. Likely something random will just kick in and totally wow me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I just an Old Speckled Hen clone (orfy's version - Americanized). It smells fantastic.

That's something different.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply