Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Recipe for Crown Valley's Antique Amber Lager?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
mobrewdude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Recipe for Crown Valley's Antique Amber Lager?

I just had a 6'er of Cown Valley Brewing's Antique Amber Lager and loved it!

I'm new enough at homebrew that I'd be a mess trying to deconstruct this myself and their website doesn't list this specific brew except on the tasting menu so no help there either.

Does anyone have a clone recipe for this brew?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
OldWorld
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Lager is a beer style that will test your patience. I'd suggest using 6LBS light malt extract, .5LBS Special B
.5LBS Caravienne malt
1LB Biscuit Malt (Yeah go the entire pound it will compliment the other malts)

Good luck. For yeast I would use Safale S-23...Go 2 weeks at 50-55degrees then lager it cooler in the fridge in the low to mid 40's...for 3 weeks

You'll get a clean smooth tasting ale with all the desired lager properties you could possibly want.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
mobrewdude
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you Oldworld! Can all of those grains be steeped? I'm slowly gathering my AG equipment but not up and running for a full mash yet. I can easily do mini-mash with my current set-up though if necessary for those grains.

Any thoughts on the hops for this specific brew? Ive tried a few craft brews that taste 'dirty' to me and this particular beer does not have that flavor. I'm not sure if that taste comes from the hops or the yeast but I want to avoid it at all costs!

Quick Reply