The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Recipe Creator from Leftover Ingredients?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
secinarot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Recipe Creator from Leftover Ingredients?

I have a bunch of leftover specialty grains and partially used hops from a couple of recipes that I just finished. Does anyone know of a web site recipe database where you can search based on ingredients? I don't have a lot of experience with creating recipes so I was looking for a way to plug in some of the ingredients that I have on hand and get a list of recipe ideas which include those ingredients.

On Deck: Pale Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Hilbert
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You may want to try beersmith. You can download a working demo and plug in the ingredients you have. It'll kick out the IBU, APV, etc. You can even compare it to other beer types to tweak it to get it close.

What do you have hanging around. If you post what you have I'm sure people will throw out ideas for style types and that would be a good starting point.

Tap 4: Heffe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply