Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Raspberry Wheat Recipe (Mini Mash)?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
endless889
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Raspberry Wheat Recipe (Mini Mash)?

hey hey,

i've been trying to sift through these forums to find a mini mash recipe (using LME) ..i've seem to have found all grains and DME. anyone have one they'd like to share? the weather is breaking and i'm about to have room for a new batch in the primary. any help is appreciated.

this is what i'm kind of thinking from gathering people's recipes (i;m not a hefe' fan either)

5lbs wheat LME
2lbs wheat or 2 row malt?
9-12 oz of 20/40L malt?
wyeast lond ale (i don't want the hefe yeast)
halleuter hops?
i've seen some saying fuggles as well?
40oz of frozen raspberries to flash freeze and add to secondary when racking.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Oldsock
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Looks like a solid recipe. Wheat can be tricky to deal with since it doesn’t have a husk, so I would probably just use 2-row in your mini-mash. Assuming you are just doing a bittering addition the hop you select isn’t that important, especially since you’ll probably be under 20 IBUs. English ale yeast could be interesting, and it will leave a bit more sweetness than something like 1056/001.

In the future it is pretty easy to convert DME to LME, you’ll just need a little extra since you get less gravity from an equivalent weight. Similarly you could swap out most of wheat/pale in an all-grain recipe, and play around with the hops to compensate for a partial boil.

Good luck brewing.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply