Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > raspberry lambic recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
drumike102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default raspberry lambic recipe

Hey there,

Well over the weekend I went to the vermont pub and brewery where I encountered a beer they called there forbidden fruit. IT was raspberry flavor with a sour taste to it. I tryed to get a growler but they wouldnt sell one becuase of its higher alcohol content which i thought was crazy seeing as it is only 6.2%alc by vol. Was wondering if anyone else had tried this beer and if anyone knew a recipe for it. After some research i am thinking it may be a lambic brew. This kinda discourages me as I have read a few recipes and they all call for really long fermenting times. Can anyone offer any help to my predicament here? I loved the beer and so did a friend of mine so I'd like to brew something similar. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

Primary: Belgian Double IPA experiment
Secondary: empty
Up Next: Stone Cali-Belgie Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Donasay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have done a beer with a sour mash before then added fruit puree to the secondary, I don't know what this recipe tastes like, but you could experiment with that. Just get an all grain recipe and mash for a day or two, you know when it is done when it starts to smell funky and sour.

Mine came out well, in my opinion, not really to style, but many of my friends didn't like it.

No matter how rich you are, you can still only drink 16 or 17 liters of beer a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply