Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > R2, H56 Partial mash Clone recipe critique please

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
Hethen57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the assistance Jukas! Hopping seems a little light compared to what I usually brew, but with Simcoe in short supply...that's a good thing. I definately have enough to brew this one. I'm usually at 6-10oz per batch (mostly late & dry), but that why I was drinking Pliny, while everyone else at my table was drinking this stuff and it was really drinkable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hethen57 View Post
Thanks for the assistance Jukas! Hopping seems a little light compared to what I usually brew, but with Simcoe in short supply...that's a good thing. I definately have enough to brew this one. I'm usually at 6-10oz per batch (mostly late & dry), but that why I was drinking Pliny, while everyone else at my table was drinking this stuff and it was really drinkable.
Real R2H56 comes in right about 40 IBU, though I've made it up to 44 IBU. While I cannot match the subtleties RR achieves by using simcoe from three different farms, this is really one of my favorite beers.

FHB still has 2012 simcoe lbs in stock for 20 bucks each. I've already ordered 3lb this year and am tempted to snag another lb or two.

http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.co...?idproduct=534

Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
Hethen57
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Cool....just bought my pound! I only had 4 oz's left and most of my favorite brews use Simcoe.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
Hethen57
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Jukas:
I was interested in your notes to this recipe where you said you keg after primary fermentation is complete and dry hop in the keg. So as I understand it, you basically secondary and condition in the keg under pressure and chilled to 40 degrees? Is that correct? Do you pull the dry hops out at some point, or just leave in there while you are serving? I was under the impression that beer needed a few more weeks after primary fermentation was complete to be "finished" and ready to chill and keg, but I would like to try your method if I am understanding it correctly. Thanks.
-Mike

Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #15
rumham
Recipes 

Been MIA for a while, but I did brew this recipe and I thought it turned out awesome. It did not replicate the real deal (most likely due to hop sourcing as well as general skill as a brewer), but it was my best to date for sure. Tons of great hop flavor and aroma with loads of citrus. As for the acid malt previously mentioned, I included that as per my communication with Vinnie.

Quick Reply