The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Quick and dirty Pumpkin Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
Anbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Quick and dirty Pumpkin Ale

I was at one of my local brewpubs the other day and as the place was starting to close, the bartender brought out a pitcher of beer She said it was their pumpkin ale, I had some and thought it was delicious. I inquired as to how they used the pumpkin and...

It turns out their chef made this beer.

There was NO pumpkin in it, the chef poured a pitcher of their cream and golden ale mixed together and added pumpkin spice.

I was really surprised by how good it was, I may try to do this with a couple draws of my golden ale

My semi-regularly updated beer blog: PremiumBitter
PRIMARY 1: Baltic Porter | WLP001
PRIMARY 2: Chocolate-Spearmint Winter Warmer | WLP028
SECONDARY: Spokane Falls Fresh Hop Ale (IPA) | WLP001/WLP028 (Amarillo/Columbus dry hop)
KEGS:
Liberator Doppelbock
Yellow Marmot Ale (Golden Ale) | WLP001
Yellow Marmot Ale (Golden Ale) | WLP028
UPCOMING: Premium Bitter, Imperial Steam Beer, Strong Scotch Ale, Munich Helles, Schwartz Bier, Rauch Bier

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Timekiller
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

That's a pretty neat idea. I think Ill try it tonight. I have some spices left over from my brewed pumpkin ale (which really did not come out that good, as far as a pumpkin ale)

On a side note... last night I picked up Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale, it is fantastic, much better than Saranac IMO.

PRIMARY-1: -
PRIMARY-2:-
KEG 1: Light Lager
KEG 2: Swapmeet Special (APA) *2nd place 2009 WestEnd Fair!
KEG 3: Irish Red
KEG 4: Oatmeal Stout *3rd place 2009 WestEnd Fair!
KEG 5: soda water
NEXT:
Orfy's Hobgoblin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply