Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Question about adding honey

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Don5153
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Question about adding honey

Hello, I have a brown ale in the keg. Its about 1 day till its ready to drink. I'm force carbing, in my kegerator. When I brewed it, I added 2 pounds of honey at the end of the boil. The brew tastes good, but I added a spoon full of raw honey in my glass and filled it with the beer, it tastes GREAT.

Can I add approx 1 pound of honey to the keg?

Will it mix up and dissolve?

I have another 10 gallons in the fermentor now. In 1 week, I will rack into the secondary, when would be a good time to add the honey?

Thanks for all your help, Home Brew Talk is the best site!!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I've primed with honey. But that is after boiling it in a couple of cups of water. If you do try this, I'd pasteurize it. I'd also get it in the kegerator ASAP as it is going to start more fermentation if you don't.

EDIT: I don't think it will disolve either. You would probably be better off just adding to the glass they way you did.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply