It was ok, but it was certainly lacking something. I found an interview from 05 on the brewing network with John from Pyramid and got a lot of new info from them. http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/showcontent/dwnldarchive11-13-05.mp3
Here's the updated recipe I'm going to do this year (based on my crappy 65% efficiency):
55% Wheat (6.5#)
38% 2-row (4.5#)
6% Cara-munich I (#.5)
.3 oz - 60 min
.5 liberty - 15
122 for 20 minutes
155 for 60 minutes
168 for 10 minutes
SRM of 7.5
Yeast: BIG DIFFERENCE - Wyeast 2124 fermented at 53 degrees (the yeast I used was way too banana-ey). If you can't lager, then I'd go with something clean like a 1056 or Cal Ale.
Here's the kit on bmw: Customized: Pyramid Hefeweizen Clone // Brewmasters Warehouse
I'll post tasting notes whenever I do finally brew this (which won't be until prob March at the earliest).
Hope that helps. I'm actually pretty pumped to brew this one later now that I've dug back into it.