New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Pilsner DME for ELDME?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
bell0347
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pilsner DME for ELDME?

I am making a partial mash version of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde and was going to use 3lbs. DME. I already have 3lbs of Briess Pilsen DME and was wondering if that will work or should I drop the 15 bucks on some Munton's Extra Light? Looking forward to brewing this up. Lots of BMC drinking friends I don't see often and I have a large crawfish boil coming up in april and want a couple kegs of this stuff on hand to woo 'em. (They all think I'm crazy for brewing my own beer) Hope to get it nailed down by then.

B.Bell

"Hell, it aint rocket surgery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Beer should never enter a septic system until it's had a trip through the kidneys first. :D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 AM   #2
Scotty_g
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

For DME I use exclusively Briess (shop local, baby!). I looked at the Lovibond/EBC numbers and as far as I can tell, M&F XL is the same as Briess pilsner. There may be subtle differences in the barley strains, malting practices, etc...but it *is* extract brewing, after all.

It doesn't hurt that the Briess 50#'ers are $60 cheaper from my preferred online shop (NB).

Natural 20 Brewery

Yes, that *is* beer. Water, malt, hops, and yeast mean it's beer. Go ahead and try a glass...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply