Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Pilsener ingredients/booster

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
Sasquatch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Pilsener ingredients/booster

Is there some kind of special ingredient which makes pilseners snappy rather than smooth? I've just done up a pils kit and the thing is inredibly crisp considering I used Nottingham yeast (albeit at pretty cool temperatures for ale). I'm kind of in the process of figuring out ale vs lager yeast and the difference in final product. (running the same wort in split batches... lagering some, doing some with ale yeast).

Primary: Lager

Secondary: Sangiovese, Honey Nut Brown, some Pilsner/ale kinda thing that just won't quit...

Bottled:
Tar Sands Porter, Special Dark Bitter,Oaky Red ale, Hammer & Tongs Black Ale, Black Draught, Cooper's Bitter, Baron's Pilsner
Super Saazy Saaz Pilsner Saaz (It's a little green, yet)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
Kaiser
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This might just be a matter of attenuation of the pilsner wort. Some pilsners are supposed to be rather dry which means they have a low FG.

Kai

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply