New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Picked up some interesting yeasts today....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
Dude
Will work for beer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Picked up some interesting yeasts today....

WLP060--American Ale Yeast Blend
Our most popular strain is WLP001-California Ale yeast. This blend celebrates the strengths of California - clean, neutral fermentation, versatile usage and adds two other strains that belong in the same" clean/neutral" flavor category. The additional strains create complexity to the finished beer, and will taste more lager like than just WLP001. Hops flavors and bitterness are accentuated, but to the extreme of WLP001. Slight sulfur will be produced during fermentation.
Attenuation: 72-80; Flocculation: medium; Optimum Ferm. Temp: 68-73

WLP010 10th Anniversary Blend
White Labs started in 1995 with 5 strains available for homebrewers- WLP001, WLP002, WLP004, WLP300 & WLP810. We wanted a blend with all of these strains, but WLP300 doesn't fit so we crafted a unique blend that truly test brewers imaginations. The blend contains unique proportions of WLP001, WLP002, WLP004 & WLP810.
Attenuation: 75-80; Flocculation: Medium; Optimum Ferm. Temp: 65-70

Now, what do I brew with them?

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
Kephren

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, the american ale is a given. The anniversary blend is a little tougher. I bet it would make a great IPA. Hmmm... now that I think about it, the first would make a great IPA, too since it accentuates hops and bitterness. Okay.. the American Ale, you do a "Chessapeke Pale Ale" in the style of IPA - you can think up your own story... extra hops wards of the jellyfishes?

The anniversary ale.. hmmm.. okay got it - an apricot summer ale. Take a look at pg. 292 of the Homebrewers Companion. If you don't have it, I'll send you the recipe.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:45 AM   #3
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I might have to pick me up some of that anniversary stuff for my upcoming apricot IPA. I've got some Wyeast British Ale (1098) for it, but this stuff sounds intriquing.

Gone unsung for far too long

Quick Reply