Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Persimmon Ale? White Ale?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Zigi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Persimmon Ale? White Ale?

So I just pitched my first batch of beer ever entirely from a kit yesterday, so I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but I couldn't help but envision the possibilities going forward.

So this batch I pitched yesterday I put some blackberry/raspberry boiled with sugar and water into the brew at time 0 (as recommended by the kit I was using). I started to think of other flavors that would be interesting in a similar ale. I was thinking that Persimmon/Ginger or something to that effect could be really nice for a holiday ale. Are there any suggestions for how to pair flavors like that with specific hops/yeast? I'm a total noob, so any suggestions on stuff like that would be greatly appreciated.

The second thing is I see a lot of recipes where people attempt to recreate the flavor of a distributed bottled beere. My favorite beers are Hitachino Nest White Ale and Blanche de Bruxelles (sometimes charmingly referred to as "Mannequin Piss"). I don't see any recipes for white ale in the sticky post- any tips on how to start something like that?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply