New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Paulaner Salvator Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
LayMeister
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Paulaner Salvator Recipe

I have been scouring the web for a couple of days looking for a good Paulaner Salvator like recipe. The only things I see consistently is the use of a substantial amount of Munich Malt and the possibility that an extremely long boil is used to develop the dark color and caramel taste. Some suggest that no dark malts are used at all and that the boil may last for up to 24 hours!

If you have a recipe that you think is a good facsimile, I am interested in hearing about it.

Cheers,
Paul

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #2
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If someone sends you recipes, please post them here. I think that the HBT community as a whole would almost all appreciate a recipe that comes close to Salvator.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
LayMeister
Recipes 

After I little more digging and tasting I'm convinced the hops are Hallertauer. I am also pretty convinced that a long boil is used with only a light grain bill. Perhaps only one type of malt is used.

Paul

Quick Reply