Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Oregon Fruit Puree-hold back the syurp

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
RoseburgBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Oregon Fruit Puree-hold back the syurp

I'm planning on using some Oregon Fruit Raspberry Preserves for my raspberry wheat. I know a lot has been covered on this topic but I'm trying to add a new twist. Has anyone added just the fruit to the secondary while saving the syrup for the keg or bottling?

I'm thinking that the fruit in the secondary will give the beer some of the fruit flavor, but I'm worried about some secondary fermentation making the fruit flavor more subtle. So I'm thinking that saving the syrup and adding it at bottling or kegging will give it a real "fruit punch". I should mention that I'm not using the 49oz can, instead I'm using 4 15.5 oz cans, so I may hold the syrup on 2 of the cans and add the syrup for 2 of the cans.

Any thoughts? Anyone try this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
RoseburgBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I guess some people don't use the syrup at all, just the fruit, feel free to chime in on this too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply