Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Oregon Fruit Puree

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
nsrstka
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Oregon Fruit Puree

Hey guys,

I have a blonde ale in the fermenter right now that I plan to ultimately turn into a blueberry blonde. I was thinking about getting a can of the Blueberry Oregon Fruit Puree and just rack the beer on top of it with some of the yeast pulled off the bottom of the carboy. I'm just wondering if anybody out there knows if it is possible to get the stuff at grocery stores here in Oregon. I would have sworn that I had seen them before, but I may have been thinking of the canned fruit in syrup from the same company.

If anybody out there lives in Eugene and knows of a local source for it that would be great.

Thanks,
Nick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've used the canned fruit by Oregon...it works ok. I'm not sure how many little cans you'd need.
I have an apricot blond that uses 1 big can (4#'s?) added at day 3 right into primary and a bottle of extract at bottling. That's a lot of fruit but it's good.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 AM   #3
Shonuff
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hey Nick,

I used to live in Eugene and now live in Michigan. I used the Oregon canned fruit in a lambic that I made. I was able to find the Oregon fruit puree in a number of grocery stores to compare prices in a number of Michigan grocery stores, both of my LHBS carried this brand in a number of different fruits.

I'm sure you will find no problem finding it in Eugene. I'm sure they have it at all Fred Meyer grocery stores. You'll either find it in the canned fruit section or the baking section.

Stores that will for sure have it.

Fred Meyer on West 11th
Fred Meyer in Springtucky
Presidents Choice - All locations

Good luck. It won't be hard to find it.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 AM   #4
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

All the grocery stores in my area carry the canned fruit but not the purees. It was always my understanding that only the fruit was available in grocery stores and the purees only sold wholesale in larger quantities. One of my LHBS' carries the puree but that won't help you much. Have you tried Home Fermenter Center?

You can always order direct from Oregon Fruit Products. A little spendy though and way more than you will need.

Quick Reply