Last days to enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > One Gallon Recipe Help/Ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
sgoehner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default One Gallon Recipe Help/Ideas

Hey everyone,

I just picked some fresh hops that some friends had growing in their back yard that I didn't know about. Anyways, I didn't get much, I think after drying I will have around 1.25oz or so. I would like to make a one gallon batch so that I could give them the 8 or so beers I get out of it, and then next year make a real batch. I don't have the money to buy Beersmith, and right now I am an Extract with Grains buy who is going to go to PM for my next batch. Because of the size I can do a larger (actually kind of want to) since my fermenter will fit in my fridge.

SO, that being said, if you guys could help me out I would appreciate it. The only other condition is that I know the people I will be giving this too are not huge IPA fans. Thanks a ton in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2799 Times on 1672 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Not sure what you're asking, but you can use the free recipe calculutor to create recipes, including for 1 gallon batches. Extract with grain, partial mashes and all grain as well.

http://beercalculus.hopville.com/recipe

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #3
sgoehner
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess I was just looking to see if anyone had some one gallon recipes that they have used before. I know it is hard since I have no idea what kind of hop these are, but I figured I would just wing it and see how it turns out. I am going to be e-mailing HopUnion to see if they might be able to help me out.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:06 AM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2799 Times on 1672 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Any beer recipe can be scaled down to 1 gallon. You can look through the recipe databse, or this section for inspiration.

One of the easiest things to do is a SMaSH...A single malt and single hop beer. It's a good way to get a handle on flavors of hops and grains. They can be a whole range of ibus from malty, through balanced into bitter/ipa realm.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #5
sgoehner
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks Revvy, I will look for one of those.

Quick Reply