Ommegang B.P.A. clone recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlemingsFinest

Reaction score
Ommegang has just decided to brew their BPA full-time. It is my favorite beer of theirs. I live 20 mins from the brewery, get to enjoy their beers all the time:) I know that they brew it with Grapefruit in some capacity. Thanks for any input, direction, etc.

Hey I was at the brewery last month and tried it. It was very good! too bad I don't have a recipe.

I think it's phenomenal, I need to brew it haha. If I can't find a recipe, I'll just have to start experimenting. Never a bad thing!:mug:

unfortunately their website doesn;t help too much, but they list it's 6.2%abv, uses 5 malts, bitters with columbus, has 3 late adds of Celeia (styrian goldings would work as a sub) for aroma, and dry hopped with cascade. If I had to guess, the malts are probably something like belgian pale or pils (or both), vienna, biscuit, wheat, and caravienne

We should be asking you for the recipe, you only live 20 minutes away!!!! Go in and talk to whoever you can.

I asked at the brewery. It certainly has a Belgian and American influence. I asked why-

Yeast- Ommegang's Belgian proprietary house yeast
Hops- There are 3, two of which are European hops (sorry, forgot to write down) and the mystery hop is Chelan. I believe it's late boil and dry-hopped with that.
Malt bill- Didn't get there. ?

Sorry, that's all I remember.

unfortunately their website doesn;t help too much, but they list it's 6.2%abv, uses 5 malts, bitters with columbus, has 3 late adds of Celeia (styrian goldings would work as a sub) for aroma, and dry hopped with cascade. If I had to guess, the malts are probably something like belgian pale or pils (or both), vienna, biscuit, wheat, and caravienne

I have been doing some research, and have come across the same things. As for special ingredients, I have confirmed that it is brewed with grapefruit and orange, and a touch of corriander. Other than that, it's anyone's guess. I think this will provide a nice start for devising a recipe of my own. If anyone takes a shot at this beer, let us know how it goes and what you did! Cheers.

Did anyone ever go through with trying to brew this? I would love to hear what people came up with. I freaking love this beer.

Back