nugget nectar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughBrooks

Reaction score
I have seen a couple threads on how to clone the NN. Have not seen a definate recipe or any final comparison between the real thing and the homebrew. If anyone has made this and it came out really close I would love to see what hop schedule was used. On the Troegs site the say the hops used are nugget warrior tomahawk simcoe and palisade. It also mentions that nugget is used in the hopback and is dry hopped with nugget and warrior. If anyone used these and it turned out please let me know. I would be very gratefull! Thanks for any input you guys ( or gals ) can provide. :mug:

yea I searched the site but could not find a definate winner. Just hoping to get a little more info. Would like to see a recipe that someone did and can tell me how it turned out

I'm drinking this one as we speak and I think it came out pretty close for a first try:
7.5lbs Pilsner extract
2lb munich malt
2lb vienna malt
0.25lb crystal 40L malt
0.05lb chocolate malt

1.25oz 13.7% Nugget pellets (FWH)
0.5oz 15.8% Warrior pellets (75mins)
0.5oz Nugget (25mins)
0.5oz Warrior (25mins)
0.5oz 14.2% Columbus pellet (25mins) --> LHBS was out of tomahawk
0.25oz 12.2% Simcoe pellet (25mins)
0.25oz 6.7% Palisade pellet (25mins)
1oz Nugget whole hops (1min) --> don't have a hopback so whirlpooled and let steep 5mins before cooling
1oz Nugget whole hops (dry hop 2wks)
0.5oz Warrior (dry hop 2wks)
US-05 yeast

I plan to try it again eventually (got too many others planned) and I've adjusted my recipe a little. I plan on subbing 1.5lbs of the DME for 3lbs of pilsner malt, adding .25 lbs more of each of the vienna and munich, dropping the chocolate, and moving all of the flavor hops to 10-15mins instead of 25. I think that should get me there.

cool! thanx for the post that looks like one of the best clone recipes I have seen for the NN. I will probally use that with some slight modification. Once we make our clone and see how it turns out I will definatally post my results. If anyone else has a clone of the NN that they like still post it I would love to see the difference in the recipes. Thanks again!

Back