Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > New Glarus Moon Man Clone Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
pvtschultz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm not an IPA/hop-head, but I love this Moon Man by NG. Any chance that you've tried brewing this BrewNinja?

2014 Gallons Brewed: 19
Gallons Brewed '11-'13: 250

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pvtschultzs-ebiab-build-finally-298407/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
BrewNinja1
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Nope...everytime I find Riwaka in stock, by the time I get an order together its gone. Someday maybe.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #13
incutrav
Recipes 

I messaged Dan before for help with a Black Wheat clone. He all but gave me the recipe. He told me the hops in Moon Man when i talked to hime last summer at the brewery, and Riwaka or whatever was deff. not one of them. Cascase, amarillo and a couple others. Great guy.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
BrewNinja1
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Are we talking about the same Dan Carey? He has always been extremely tight lipped about his brews and never willing to share too much info. The listed hops in my first post were from another forum where someone who went on a tour got the info from a brewmaster. Im not saying they are right or wrong...just what someone else was told.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
incutrav
Recipes 

Same Dan Carey. I messaged him on BA, and I had a response in a couple hrs. For my black wheat,He gave me much of the grain bill, and said to culture some yeast from a bottle of Dancin Man to get the authentic yeast strain they use. He didnt seem 'tight lipped' to me. Not as open as say, Surly, who give out exact recipes for homebrewers though.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #16
Stout1
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by incutrav View Post
I messaged Dan before for help with a Black Wheat clone. He all but gave me the recipe. He told me the hops in Moon Man when i talked to hime last summer at the brewery, and Riwaka or whatever was deff. not one of them. Cascase, amarillo and a couple others. Great guy.
So, do you have any more details on this? I've been waiting patiently for New Zealand to finish up their hop harvest. I've never used Riwaka, but from the descriptions. it's one I definitely will be trying soon. Either way, I would really love to have some Moon Man on tap at home, so if you can give any more detail it would be greatly appreciated.

Relax!

Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
14thstreet
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Same Dan Carey. I messaged him on BA, and I had a response in a couple hrs. For my black wheat,He gave me much of the grain bill, and said to culture some yeast from a bottle of Dancin Man to get the authentic yeast strain they use. He didnt seem 'tight lipped' to me. Not as open as say, Surly, who give out exact recipes for homebrewers though.
incutrav, any chance you'd be able to share your knowledge? I really liked Black Wheat when it was available. Thanks in advance!
On Deck: Kumquat Kolsch

Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #18
incutrav
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thstreet View Post
incutrav, any chance you'd be able to share your knowledge? I really liked Black Wheat when it was available. Thanks in advance!
Maybe Dan just likes me? Ive messaged him three times, and every time have received a fast and appropriate response. BA automatically purged the message from Dan that had the Black Wheat help! I should have printed it, but i do have the recipe at home, so i can throw it on here one of these nights.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #19
JRdaSconnie
Recipes 

I'd love to see the clone work out because Moon Man turned me on to hoppy brews. A friend in my brew club brewed NB's "Jamil's Evil Twin" and it tasted in the ballpark of MM.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #20
borden
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Maybe Dan just likes me? Ive messaged him three times, and every time have received a fast and appropriate response. BA automatically purged the message from Dan that had the Black Wheat help! I should have printed it, but i do have the recipe at home, so i can throw it on here one of these nights.
Digging up this thread because DEAR GOD I would love to see that Black Wheat clone recipe. Please, please share if you can find it!

Quick Reply