Need Help With A Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Have a buddy who really doesn't like homebrew. On a trip to Dominican Republic recently he had a beer called "presidente" I believe, says it was the best beer he's ever had.
Id like to impress him with an AG clone, and maybe change his mind on Homebrewing. Anyone help me out with a recipe?

I've had this before on vacations in Mexico. It's a typical "Caribbean lager" IMO. As its mass produced now, it probably has adjuncts like corn in the actual recipe. If you are going for a clone, I would start you off with trying a majority of pilsner malt with smaller portion (maybe 10% ?) flaked corn in the grain bill. I don't remember much bitterness so I'd go low on ibus. Use a noble hop --hallertau maybe. I'd start around 1 oz at 60 min and maybe a small addition at 20-30 min. You'd need to lager this one and use a clean lager yeast.

Not sure this is too helpful but it's a starting point. I'd say look under recipes for a tried and true recipe for light lager and brew that for your friend. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the help. I was hoping it wasn't a lager as I don't have a ferm chamber yet.
I been thinkin about doing 1 gallon "pilot" batches in the future, I'll try with a small batch, lager in my refrigerator.

Back