Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Nee Help With Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
calsker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Nee Help With Recipe

I was planning to brew 10 gallons of the house APA this weekend which consists of the following:

2-row (94%)
Carapils (5%)
Special B (1%)

I sent SWMBO to the LHBS (I know, big mistake) for the Carapils and Special B and she came back with the correct amount of Carapils, but .25 lb. more of the Special B than required and both mixed together! DOH!!

I know I could up the 2-row and Carapils to account for the 94%, 5% and 1% amounts, but don't want to change my house APA profile that much.

Just wondering if anyone can anyone suggest a different recipe and/or style to utilize the 1 lb. of Carapils and .5 lb of Special B?

TIA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
kingwood-kid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would say to just use half of the specialty grains and mash 2 degrees higher. Or, you could throw it all in, mash a little lower and add a few IBUs to your bittering addition. You might like the result; I have a delicious IPA (okay, it's not pale) with about 1/2lb of Special B.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in the BJCP's philosophy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply