Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > My Irish Red is more "well kinda it has a red hue" than red

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
Kharz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I shop at Keystone and have them ship up to CT. Better prices and selection than a lot of local guys. Two thumbs up for those guys ...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #12
Gordie
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reim0027 View Post
RDWHAHB - I love it. Coming from my "vast" experience of 3 batches, I have already learned that motto. I thought I messed up each batch and I would be left with 5 gallons of garbage. Guess what happened? Everything turned out well. I learned some mistakes and how to prevent them, and still got to enjoy good tasting beer.

Good luck with your Irish Red hybrid.
That's the wonderful thing about beer. So long as you give it a bit of love and nudge it on its way, most of the time it will take care of itself just fine...

Old 12-28-2008, 02:39 AM   #13
SkinnyShamrock
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
Yeah, like the others have said, a legit red isn't so much red as amber or brown with red highlights. I think yours will come out just fine.

Do you shop at Keystone, by chance?
I do, either there or Wine, Barley, and Hops Homebrew Supply in Feasterville. I like both places. Keystone is a bit more established, and they always have like six guys running around that can answer questions, but the one in Feasterville is a bit more spacious, both have about the same selection of stuff.

Keystone was hiring, I put in an application, but it was apparently for the Christmas rush only...I should still nag them about hiring me anyway

Thanks for all the suggestions about the Irish Red. Gravity was 1.018 yesterday, so another week or so and it should be ready to bottle!

Jeff, Brewer, Troegs Brewing Company, Harrisburg, PA

"RDWHAHB, right?"
"No, just do it right, damnit!"

Quick Reply