New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Milk chocolate stout...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
Kokamantratarius
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Milk chocolate stout...

Wow been a while since I have posted, it has been a wonderful first year of brewing. Have made some crotch grabbingly delicious beers...beyond what I thought I was going to be able to make, it depresses me going out to drink cause I pay 3-5 bucks for a pint of inferior beer -sigh- but alas I have a question. A couple months ago I made a cream stout...came out great but I have since tried Young's Double Chocolate Stout and...and...it's like drinking beer flavored chocolate pudding, I love it!

Now here is the question...if I were to put a number of melted down and diluted chocolate bars in secondary...well thats not the question the question is has anyone here done that? And what sort of results might I find myself getting?

p.s. I darn gosh to heck for the HOP SHORTAGE!!! I can't get my beloved columbus

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Aclay
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Check your chocolet. It has more than just milk and chocolet. It could be bad. Use a chocolet that has no milk and add some lactose sugar to the batch. I'd do this in your boil. Search around there are a lot of "Chocolet" beer recipes out there.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Your best solution for chocolate flavor in a beer is to add cocoa powder or chocolate nibs. Both have maximum chocolate with minimal additives like fat and sugar. Milk chocolate has very little chocolate and alot of fat and sugar.

The next choice would be to use some form of concentrated chocolate essence or chocolate liqueur.

Again adding milk chocolate to beer will just result in a big mess with little flavor effect.

Craig

Old 03-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3453

There's been a couple of really informative threads over the last few weeks about the same thing. And some really great recipes as well... Use the search to see if you can find them... I'll see if I can find them in my subscribed threads....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3453

Here's one that I had posted in...But I know there were some more, and I think even a couple of clone recipes.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=56802

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply