Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Melbourn Bros. Strawberry recipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
ben the brewman
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Melbourn Bros. Strawberry recipe?

this is the best strawberry beer that my wife has ever had and i would like to try to make some but i have no idea where to start except with lambic yeast, strawberrys and some old hops. has anybody on here made this or any thing close. here is a disctiption of the brew so you can look at it and see what you can come up with. Melbourn Bros. Strawberry Commercial Description: Melbourn Bros. fruit beers are spontaneously fermented. Melbourne Bros Strawberry beer with strawberry juice added is brewed with malted barley, wheat, hops, yeast, water and fresh strawberries. Made in Stamford, one of Great Britain's most beautiful & historic market towns. The beers are subtle with a refined flavor and character. The malt and strawberry are beautifully balanced, making this beer a perfect beverage for barbecues and patio dining. The clean, fresh flavor of ripe strawberries shines through. It is delicious after a meal with fruit, cheese, or dessert. your thoughts are greatly apericated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Donasay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

They are spontaneously fermented, so to get that true taste you might have to somehow propagate the yeast out of the bottle. Spontaneous fermentation could mean they use the natural yeast on the berries or leave the vats open and take the yeast out of the air. If it is the yeast out of the air, the only way to get it is to take it out of their bottles or steal the air from the town it is made.

No matter how rich you are, you can still only drink 16 or 17 liters of beer a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 07-03-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
ben the brewman
Recipes 

im not worried about the yeast part of it im more worried about the amount of berries and the grains.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
ben the brewman
Recipes 

i guess nobody can help me with this one.

Check out my stainless steel cooler mash tun! http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/my-new-mash-tun-268370/

Quick Reply