The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Medium IBU, Color Body Cirtris IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
imperialipa
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Medium IBU, Color Body Cirtris IPA

I am brewing next weekend and have made a few high IBU darker color IPA's. Very delicious.

This time around I want to make an IPA style but within the lower thresholds of IPA and a medium color.

The most important thing is I want a citrus flavor in the IPA from the hops.

Now my experience tells me most of this will come from dry hopping and shorter boil addition times for the hops.

What about grains?

I am going to tweek with BrewSmith tonight and try to come up with a recpie but if anyone has suggestions on grain bill, hop and yeast selection I'm all ears.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
jescholler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I made a really good light color IPA with about 90% 2-row, 10% Munich 10L, and a pinch (enough to get to an SRM of about 7) of Carafa special II. I used the carafa to bring the color within the style guidelines as the Munich and 2-row would have made a beer that was too light.

My recipe was based off of Union Jack.

Primary: Not until fall :(
Bottle: English Barleywine
On Deck: Session APA, Vanilla Oatmeal Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply