New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Maybe sweeten a Moose Drool with lactose?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Mainebrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Maybe sweeten a Moose Drool with lactose?

Could I sweeten up my Moose Drool with a little lactose? It is a bit hoppy for my tastes but I know it will settle down over time. I want to drink it now though could I add a little lactose to the keg and if so how much?

Thanks, oh yeah I have not racked it yet.

Have a porter on tap, and 10 gal of a ipa going to work. in the mean time I sip beers from all over from great beer trades. Have a ghoulship in the fridge now!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
Stinkonamonkey
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

My Moose Drool clone ended up to sweet despite all I did to dry it out. I overshot my OG by quite a bit.

I have no helpful advice other than let it age.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
Mainebrew
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I doubled up a 5 gal recipe which ended up with 8 oz of hops, I know it will mellow, but was just wandering.

Have a porter on tap, and 10 gal of a ipa going to work. in the mean time I sip beers from all over from great beer trades. Have a ghoulship in the fridge now!!

Quick Reply